Bidding on Remington’s Assets Released
We all knew a couple of months back when several Freedom Group/Remington Group companies stopped talking with customers that they were going under. Well, they filed for bankruptcy and the Remington Group is officially selling off all of it’s assets including whole brands and manufacturing facilities. Here’s the information that’s known on the current bidders/buyers of the different segments of the Remington brand.
Maybe some of them will be vastly improved with their new owners…
- Vista Outdoors is getting Lonoke Ammunitions (Remington’s ammo manufacturing) with Sig Sauer being the back-up bid.
- Sportsman’s Warehouse is going to be taking over the Tapco brand.
- Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. will be picking up Marlin Firearms as a brand.
- Sierra Bullets, L.L.C. will be taking Barnes Ammunition.
- JJE Capital Holdings, LLC. will be picking up DPMS, H&R, AAC, Parker, and Stormlake.
- Franklin Armory will be picking up Bushmaster.
I’m having a hard time understanding what Roundhill Group, LLC. took from the table, but it looks like they are going to be picking up all of the currently existing inventory that non-Marlin companies have on hand. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like we know the fate of the Remington brand yet, and whether or not it will remain as it’s own entity.
Proudly sponsored by LOX Hair Wax Co., use the code Cat10 for 10% off your order, and I’ll get 10% for the sale